Five questions for creatives
Shortly after the Neotists became a thing we started to connect people together. At first through our social accounts but then face-to-face at meet-ups and workshops. We started to ask the same questions when we met new creatives and we realised that the conversation could be turned into regular blog so that more people could understand the creative condition, process and career choice.
In 2016 we launched the series five questions for creatives with our first guest Max McMurdo — furniture hacker who restores everyday waste objects and playfully upcycles them into beautiful accessories and functional pieces of furniture.
For several months we published regular blog posts asking a variety of creatives from all sectors the same five questions.
- How did you get into the creative industry, and was there a defining point in your career that led you on that path?
- Is there anything you would change in your current career and if so why?
- Where do you see yourself, and your career in five years time?
- Are there any rules or habits that help you do your job more efficiently?
- What tips would you give to anybody who is looking to get started in the creative industry?
Nearly eight years on we have over 30 blogs in the series covering art, design, photography, architecture and more. If you’d like to be nominated please get in touch.